The target group includes immigrant and refugee women who have arrived in Denmark within the last five years and are at risk of unemployment and social exclusion.
A MENTEE CAN BE EXPECTED TO BE SOMEONE WHO
- Lacks knowledge about the Danish labor market and society
- Needs clarification as to whether her work experience or education is aligned with the type of work she is looking for
- Lacks fluency with the Danish language
- Does not have a network to lean on
- Feels socially isolated and may experience low self-confidence
WHAT CAN A MENTOR HELP WITH
A mentor is a person who has chosen to volunteer a few hours a month to support an immigrant or refugee woman move forward with her personal and professional ambitions in Denmark.
A MENTOR CAN FX HELP WITH
- Job applications and interviews
- Reassessment of employment potential
- Support in choosing an area of study or to further mentees’ education
- Support in relation to establishing a social network
- Confidential conversations on mentees’ integration challenges